Saturday, May 31, 2008

Da Bay Bears


Patrick's coach made arrangements to have their T-ball end of the year party at Hank Aaron Stadium in Mobile, AL (home of the Mobile Bay Bears). Yes, THE Hank Aaron who broke Babe Ruth's homerun record -- without the help of any performance enhancing substancesWe had the party at the stadium's beach club before the game started. Here's Patrick with one of his buddies, Adam (who happens to be Patrick's coach's son). They are so funny to listen to. Patrick's T-ball team got to go on the field, introduced by the announcer and got to say their names on the microphone. Patrick thought that was pretty neat. They stayed on the field for the national anthem as well. I thought that is pretty cool thing for a six year old. I was 25 yrs old before I got to sing the national anthem with a professional team. Thanks to Maria Fortuna--I was her guest when she sang the national anthem for one of the 49er games at Candlestick Park. We got the star treatment that night and I got a date with a 49er safety two weeks later. Ah youth...but I digress.We sat on the front row, field level. Sweet!


Teddy Bear--the team mascot . He danced, he stood on his head and as Ronan says "he shook his booty".
Ronan's new best friend, Andrew, who is also coach's other son kept Ronan entertained during the game. Jim and I laughed at the heckling that went on on our row...'hey mister, give us a ball! give us a shirt! throw the ball here" After 3 hours of that, Andrew caught a baseball thrown by one of the players. He was so thrilled.Coach gave away the trophies at the game. We are fortunate to have a wonderful set of coaches. Word is that Little League is competetive, practice and game schedule difficult etc etc. It is definitely more "competetive" than Y-Tball but at the age they start T-ball they are ready for a little "competition". It fosters team work and improves focus/concentration and the kids start seeing the "big picture" of the game. We had a fun season--I don't even remember how many games we won or loss. All I know is how well the kids played together as a team--win or lose. It also helps that the parents were cool and were focus on how the game is played not winning. Thanks Coach Scott, Coach Joe and Coach Beau's dad (oops I can't remember his name). Fireworks after the game was a special treat. Ronan wanted to take pictures..so here are some of his fireworks shots. Not bad for a 3 year old.

1 comment:

The Dolan Family said...

What cute pictures, especially the one of Jim and the boys. We love Ronan's jersey. Let's go Giants! They need all the help they can get.