Thursday, May 15, 2008

Aloha Luau 2008


Kinder Grad Week started with the annual school luau. Mrs. Trenchard asked me chair this event again this year and I was more than happy to do it. Y'all know I love event planning. I was very fortunate enough to have a group of very active school moms who transformed the interior of our school and the playground into a tropical playground. The word "volunteer" takes on a slightly different meaning when I'm around. We were so blessed to have a beautiful spring day---no thunderstorm, no humidity!The kids had a blast playing at the different activity stations and then having some kaw-kaw in their in-room parties. It was a great day to say aloha to the school year and aloha to summer!


*********************My beautiful Keiki!***********************













Getting a tiki tattoo from my very talented friend, Kathy. Face painting/tattoo station was a very popular station that day.


Tiki Brothers

Our fun loving and fabulous kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Drake


Elijah and Ronan chasing tiny bubbles. Adults and kids alike enjoyed the bubbles!


Cathryn jumping over the shark!






Ivan and Patrick enjoying starfish ring toss

Hawaii or Bust! A luau wagon ride with Ms. Cathy and Aidan

Kinder luau feast! Too bad we couldn't build an imu to roast a pig. The moms brought food and drinks--the best was Shannon's strawberry shortcake and Kathy's tropical fruit salad.


Stay tuned for an Aloha Luau slideshow coming soon~

No comments: