Friday, March 14, 2008

Elderly multigravidarium



Hysterical...that's the ICD 9 code the clinic used today for the rationale for my visit at the University of Southern Alabama High Risk Obstetrics Clinic. So I was expecting a lot of older moms in the waiting room, don't know why I thought that. Turns out, I'm the oldest one! a lot of young African American pregnant ladies--with sickle cell, hypertension, diabetes and other co-morbidities. They took some blood work and yey another ultrasound. The machine they had is a little bit more sophisticated than the one at the Air Force Base. If you squint while looking at the photo you can see the baby's face and his/her little hand. So cool...not bad for an elderly multigravida.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

So great!!! You are hilarious, you elderly, yada yada yada, mommy! Elderly my patooty. You are way too in shape for that, girl! Great first ultrasound picture. : )

The Dolan Family said...

Looks like baby Dolan flashed the Dolan hand sign, with his/her left hand. He/she is already "in the Dolan club!" These pics are great Marian, thanks for sharing. love- the CA dolans.