Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mellow Mushroom Surprise


The kids and moms/grandma of Patrick's Kindergarten class surprised me today by having a pizza lunch in my honor at our local Mellow Mushroom. As I had mentioned before, this is a special group of kids and parents and we'd gotten to know each other very well this past year. Half the kids in class were in Vacation Bible School this week so I thought we were just getting together afterwards to "do lunch". It was more than lunch...they presented me with a very touching poem (see below), a gift certificate for an hour massage!, and card with really sweet messages. I couldn't believe they got me! I was clueless they were planning this.
Thank you so much Girls!! Kathy, Stephanie, Jeannette, Fran, Shannon, Nancy, Crystal and Helen!


For Marian--A Thank you from the moms"
What can be said for a woman who loves your child?
One who's there when you cannot be?
One who holds them when they skin their knee?
She always smiled when they were sad
She taught them gently when they were bad
She held their tiny hand when they were sick.
She gave them colored cool popsicles to lick.
We counted on Marian to rise just after dawn,
Play with our kids and run with them on the lawn.
Though she had her own life to live,
She never failed to encourage and give.
So today, we thank her and wish her well
For tomorrow we'll remember her with the ring
of every school bell.
---poem by Nancy Faul (Claire's Mom)

No comments: