Friday, October 10, 2008

Burning Questions

Did you get a new car to fit all the kids?
Nope! Have not acquired the official soccer-mom-mobile. What I do have are two new narrow booster seats and a new infant car seat so all three treasures can fit in the back of my good ol' car. Good to go for one year (or less) and then a red Kia Sedona for us.

Is there such a thing as a perfect playdate?
YES! it happened yesterday. One of Ronan's friends, Matheson came over to play. They played independently from 8:30-11:00 in Ronan's room. There was no whining, no fighting over a toy, no screaming. I had to keep checking to make sure they were okay. They only came out to have a snack. We've known Matheson for a couple of years now and I hardly ever hear him talk --but yesterday they were just chit chatting away about Power Rangers and Bakugans and Bionicle worlds. After lunch we headed out to the playground and they ran around 'till Matheson's mom picked him up. Another playdate to be scheduled soon!


Does Gabriel have dimples?
We've been dimple hunting now for 4 weeks--he started to smile a couple of days ago--the answer is YES! he has one on his right cheek.
Go ahead..squeeze my chubby cheeks!

Is Gabriel still using cloth diapers?
You betcha! So far so good...I feel a little less guilty about filling landfills with diapers. Cloth diapers have come a long way in the last seven years. I tried using them with Patrick and I lasted a total of 3 days. We use Bum Genius--easy to use and they give Gabriel a fluffy butt.


When is that baby going to come out?
Two weeks after I had Gabriel, one of the moms from Ronan's school asked me when I was due. I smiled and told her, I already had the baby . It just takes me a while to loose the weight. She on the other hand had already lost her pregnancy weight after having twins two months ago.
The week after, the nice little old lady who greats parishoners before mass gave me a hug and asked "Oh, when is that baby going to come out?" and then she proceeded to make the sign of the cross on my belly and gave it a blessing. I told her I already had the baby but she had a little trouble with hearing. As we were leaving church, she was surprised to see Jim carrying the baby.
This past Sunday, another inquiring mind posted a queston. Gabriel stayed home with my parents. Patrick, Ronan & I went to church. After mass a nice lady came up to me to tell me how cute the boys are and asked if my third one is going to be a girl. I smiled and told her, I JUST had a baby and it's a boy.

Dang! it's a good thing I've got thick armadillo skin or I'd be crying all the way to a Weight Watcher's meeting. I'm not one of those celebrities or even regular people who can lose weight right after giving birth (at 42!). I don't really start losing it 'till I start weaning the baby off breastfeeding, and then even then I have to really work out to get back to prepregnancy weight. And yeah..isn't the equation for post pregnancy weight loss equals total weight gain minus baby weight minus placenta weight minus rate of diuresis multiplied by amount of excess vascular fluid divided by metabollic rate minus maternal age plus number of calories consumed during midnight snacking minus caloric needs to produce 4 ounces of breastmilk every 2-4 hours mutliplied by degree of self esteem to the factor of 10 and the square root of the number of inquiries of when one is due after having a baby...yeah that's it I think I got the equation right. Who knows--I just might look like Salma Hayak in 2 years!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I totally understand! Every morning I have to give myself extra time because nothing fits. I try regular clothes they go on but major 'muffin top' EWWW! All my regular shirts are too short or too tight and my maternity clothes fall off when I walk or sag around the tummy. It will be a year till this frustrating akward body starts to resemble my old body. Though I don't think the 'original' will ever appear in the mirror again.

Unknown said...

I feel your pain! My body is sagging more and more each kid I have!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
katieowens said...

You are too funny! I'm with Kelly on the lack of wardrobe. I'm doing a lot of laundry because I've got 2 pairs of elastic waist non maternity pants that fit and that is about it. I keep trying on things in my closet but can't pull them up to even try buttoning them. Oh well!

The Dolan Family said...

And, you gotta think that those celebrities have personal trainers/chefs/nannies/etc. We don't have any of that, let alone free time! You look great. Love the picture of Gabriel and his dimple.

Tabatha said...

Could not have said it better myself!! Oh and I adore the dimple.

Jenni B. said...

Such cute pictures, Gabriel is just so cute, it's ridiculous. Hang in there, you look awesome. People are so clueless sometimes with their comments. Can't wait until you get your Kia, we love ours :)

Fishy Busyness said...

This should make you feel so much better: on Saturday someone complimented me on my shirt. I thanked them very much and said that I'd been enjoying it ever since I got it...about five and a half years ago in the maternity section of Target pre-Two Fish and haven't stopped wearing it yet! Oops!