Sunday, April 20, 2008

Camping at Flint Creek


We just spent a fantastic weekend at Flint Creek! Ronan fell asleep in the car on the way home and he's still sleeping! We were supposed to get there on Friday but due to bad weather (tornado warning, heavy rain), we decided to head out Saturday morning. We were blessed with very low humidity, lots of sunshine, light breeze and hardly any bugs. We had so much fun that on the way out of the campgrounds, Blake and I booked for another camping trip in June!



The Browns--professional campers. We enjoyed spending time with them along with our neighbors, the Murphys. If you look closely, you can see we had hobo meals for dinner! Margaret, however, made the healthy version--turkey hobo instead of beef hobo.


Patrick, Ronan, Morgan and I went fishing on the pier by the light of a full moon!! Ronan got a little frustrated that he didn't catch anything. Perhaps if we actually had real bait we would have caught something---I'm not touching any worms! ew!!

We were asleep by 10pm! It was the first time I slept a full 9 hours with no insomnia attacks. Ronan was the last person to wake up at 8:15 am!! We were done eating our waffles, bacon and eggs when he woke up. It got cool during the night but these two little snuggle bunnies kept me warm


I woke up to the sound of birds, ducks, and leaves rustling and to this shadow made by the sunrise against our tent.


And when I opened my tent window, this is what greet me! Now, why can't I wake up like this every morning?


Ronan never cease to amaze me with his agility. This is his first time playing on a knee board.



Chris was the ultimate entertainer for the boys! He took them tubing multiple times on both days. Patrick and Ronan really enjoyed being around A DAD! Chris was great with them! I think it made them miss Jim even more. They both demand that we buy a boat when Jim comes back from Qatar.


Hayden and Patrick having a blast tubing. He was laughing so hard he said he kept getting water in his mouth. The boys called themselves, tubing daredevils. I just love what the wind and water did to their hairdo

And lastly..a camping slideshow! Turn off the Dolan Island music before playing the slide show

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Oh how FUN! I would love to camp with our kids... did you see any crazy snakes??? Looks like a blast. You go, girl... camping while pregnant and temporarily a single mommy!!!